Permaculture Design Certificate Course
- 100% Online
- Work on your own project and get your design ready
- Personal attention and close tutoring
- Small groups
- Live and recorded tutorials
- 24/7 access for one year
- Access to the Seeds For Sustainability CLUB
- Accredidation for the professional directory of Seeds For Sustainability
- PRICE: 590€ or 100€ per month over minimum 6 months.
Our course is the 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Course, as taught by the Permaculture founders: Bill Mollison and David Holmgren.
The complete permaculture design (PDC) course is an intensive 72-hour program. This course includes study modules backed by practical exercises, photos, field work and videos. Students can start the course at any time. There is a time limit of 1 year to complete, but most students finish the course within 2-3 months. You can work at your own pace, and some enthusiastic students have finished the course within a month.
At the end of the course, you will receive an internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate. Only those who have completed an official 72-hour PDC course are legally authorized to use the word “Permaculture” for commercial purposes.
Objectives and results
The PDC course should provide you with enough information and comments to:Plan and implement a Permaculture system for you and others
- Evaluate systems and structures for sustainability and resilience.
- Design sustainable human settlements.
- Develop ecological systems of food production.
- Design water collection systems and earthworks.
- Build healthy soils, sequest carbon and increase fertility naturally.
- Design non-toxic homes and natural structures that heat and cool without expensive systems or external inputs.
- Incorporate relevant ideas and methods of Permaculture into existing systems (home, office, business, ecological restoration sites).
- Develop your research in particular systems, technologies or strategies.
- Develop personal interests in the thematic areas of Permaculture.
- Encourage community interest in activities that focus on real growth and development (and not just economic).
- Start up sustainable income streams and / or start business related to permaculture.
- The design course should provide you with a deep understanding of permaculture design and allow you to start teaching others.
Why take an online permaculture course?
- Study at your own pace and from anywhere in the world
- Have access to materials 24/7 and up to one year
- Being able to design your own project
- Receive 1: 1 tutoring and live classes in small groups
- Get certified as a permaculture designer
- To be able to deepen the topics through homework, group work and close review with the personal tutor.
How does the online course work?
We have live tutorials every week. We offer several groups, to have different schedules that adapt to your rhythm. You can attend all the tutorials and adjust the pace of the studies to the needs of each one. Live tutorials are not mandatory but an added service. All materials and videos are available in our eCampus.
Each course topic has live classes and homework. The assignments will be reviewed by your personal tutor and you can receive one-on-one tutoring to clarify any doubts you may have.
Throughout the course you will be able to develop your own design for your project. This same design will be reviewed for the CDP certificate. At the end of the course, the designs are presented in a discussion.
Topic 1.1 Introduction to the Online Permaculture Design Course – Watch Now!
This is an example of a live tutorial. This should give you an idea of how the classes look like. Enjoy watching!
Dr Philipp B. Schuster (Linkedin)
- Doctor en Economía.
- Consultor y diseñador de permacultura y experto en responsabilidad y sostenibilidad empresarial.
- Docente internacional y fundador de Seeds For Sustainability.
Miguel Ruiz Villalobos (Linkedin)
- Permaculture Designer
- Environmental Management Technician
- Event planner
- Biology Studies
ALESSANDRO ARDOVINI (Re-Des.org)
- Diploma in Permaculture and international teacher
- Expert in Sociocracy
- Writer, philologist and polyglot
PERMACULTURE DESIGN BOOK
Rosemary Morrow Earth User’s Guide to Permaculture.
In this completely revised and updated edition of her hugely successful book, Rosemary Morrow brings us up to speed on the need to measure, monitor, and reduce our ecological footprint. Permaculture is both a philosophy and a practical approach to land use based on three principles: caring for people, caring for the land, and redistributing what is left over after meeting our own needs.
1-1: Introduction - What is permaculture?
1-2: Introduction to ecology
1-3: Ethics & Principles
1-4: Design of natural systems & most important tools
2-3: Forests and Trees
2-4: Houses & Buildings
2-6: Wildlife Management and Natural Pest Control
2-7 Handling livestock regeneratively
3-1 Observation techniques
3-2 From ethics to practice
3-4 Design processes
4-1: Eco Village Design
4-2: Design Patterns
4-3: Design for disaster
4-4: Seed Bank and Nurseries
4-5: Appropriate technology and energy saving technology
4-6: Classic Landscape Profiles
4-7: Perfiles de paisajes clásicos
4-8: Permaculture Economics
4-9: Urban and Social Permaculture
4-10 Sociocracy Principles for Group Decisions and Facilitation
5-1: Final Design For Certification
- More than Hours 50 teaching hours
- Homeworks: 22 hours
- Final Design: 15 hours
- Reading: 10 hours
The curriculum is developed in accordance with the "Core-Curriculum" of the British Permaculture Association and the original curriculum of Bill Mollison.
What do our students say about the course?
- Duration 72hrs. Start anytime, from anywhere in the world. Study at your own pace.
Eager to learn.
Target Group: Who is it for?
- Entrepreneurs and business managers
- Farmers, gardeners, landscaping professionals
- All interested in true sustainability.
- Recorded Videos
- live tutorials
- Group Works
- Homework Revision and Feedback
- Homework with 1:1 tutoring
- Progress Evaluation
You will earn your certificate by completing all homeworks and passing your final design project. The design project will be reviewed by our team and after successul graduation you will receive our Permaculture Design Certificate.
Internationally recognized certificate
- Individual Price 590€ or 100€ per month over a period of min 6 months.
- Group price Ask for a quote!
- Transform your world with permaculture